Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Studying LC JavaScript Challenge

Level 3

While I'm studying LC JavaScript I took a challenge to translate a web calculator code to LC code.

The web code is listed below.

I was succeful in translating most of it except the essantial. which is the result of the calculation.

I thought I could use the Math function, but no go.

Anyone is intrested in helping out?

<FORM NAME="Calc">
<TABLE BORDER=4>
<TR>
<TD>
<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="Input" Size="16">
<br>
</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD>
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="one" VALUE=" 1 " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += '1'">
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="two" VALUE=" 2 " OnCLick="Calc.Input.value += '2'">
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="three" VALUE=" 3 " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += '3'">
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="plus" VALUE=" + " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += ' + '">
<br>
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="four" VALUE=" 4 " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += '4'">
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="five" VALUE=" 5 " OnCLick="Calc.Input.value += '5'">
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="six" VALUE=" 6 " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += '6'">
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="minus" VALUE=" - " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += ' - '">
<br>
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="seven" VALUE=" 7 " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += '7'">
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="eight" VALUE=" 8 " OnCLick="Calc.Input.value += '8'">
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="nine" VALUE=" 9 " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += '9'">
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="times" VALUE=" x " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += ' * '">
<br>
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="clear" VALUE=" c " OnClick="Calc.Input.value = ''">
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="zero" VALUE=" 0 " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += '0'">
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="DoIt" VALUE=" = " OnClick="Calc.Input.value = eval(Calc.Input.value)">
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="div" VALUE=" / " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += ' / '">
<br>
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
</FORM>

<p align="center"><font face="arial" size="-2">This free script provided by</font><br>
<font face="arial, helvetica" size="-2"><a href="http://javascriptkit.com">JavaScript
Kit</a></font></p>

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Agreed. I added a decimal.

p.png

Steve

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Former Community Member

There is an eval function in FormCalc that provides the same functionality.

I built a calculator that looks like this...

p.png

If you would like the form, please send a request to stwalker.adobe@gmail.com.

Steve

Level 3

Thanks Sreve that would be great.

I did send you a request

Level 3

Thanks for sending the for.

How do you solve the number with decimal.

Since there's no % the equation to calculate percentage requires the decimal point. Don't you agree?

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Agreed. I added a decimal.

p.png

Steve

Level 3

Thanks Steve,

I have button on the form. I want when the button is pressed to display your calculator and when I press the close button to hide it.

Would you help me out o achieve that?

Level 3

Thanks a million!!!

How did you manage to upload a file?

Former Community Member

The attach feature is back after being disabled for a while. The site was enhanced to deal with future attacks by viral uploads.

Steve

Level 3

I didn't know, so I've uploaded a form to your gmail. I couldn't figure out how to place your calculator into it.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----