Expand my Community achievements bar.

Strange pdf form behavior

Former Community Member

I've created a dynamic pdf form in Livecycle ES 8.2 which has been working just fine up until a recent revision. 

As a quick overview, the form has fillable fields, checkboxes which control the visibility of certain fields (through JS), and signature fields (one of which locks a set of fields).  There are also some buttons which created preformatted mailto: events based on the contents of some fields.  The only changes that were made was to add a couple columns in a table and to make a text field at the bottom visible/invisible based on a checkbox.  The form is targetted for reader 8.1 or later, with scripting changes set to automatic.

The problem I've run into, which doesn't seem to have any apparent relation to the changes made, is that I can't interact with any of the form fields when I open the form with Acrobat 9.3.4 Pro (it's as if everything is locked). 

I can open it in Reader 8.2.4 and everything works great.  And if I extend rights in Pro, I can edit it with Reader, save it, reopen and everything is as it should be. 

This seems to be the exact opposite of what I would expect.  I would think things would maybe not work in Reader that do in Pro, but not the other way around.  Is there something silly I may have inadvertently done to my form that would cause this?  I've exhausted  the combinations of search terms I can think of and can't find anything on this.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Its hard to say what is happening without seeing the form....if you can share it send it and a description of the issue to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look when I get a chance.

Paul