Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Sometimes JBoss fails to connect to server.

Level 3

JBoss does not connect all the times during server re-boot.  The errors on the log are listed below.  It looks like the ports are in use, but re-starting the JBoss service or the server will resolve the connection issue.  This problem does not occur all the times.  Sometimes JBoss starts without any problem.  This is a Windows Server 2003 and SQL 2005 environment.

Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]

at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:254)

at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1370)

... 162 more

What could be the problem?  Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Please use a tool such as TCPView to see which process running on your machine is using port 1100:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897437.aspx

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Please use a tool such as TCPView to see which process running on your machine is using port 1100:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897437.aspx

Level 3

Just this morning I changed the port from 1100 to 1190 and it is working without any problems.  Thank you

Level 2

hi all,

I 'm facing the same problem mentioned above. I heard that you change the port and the problem is fixed. I want to try that too.

May you tell me how to change the port?

Level 3

To change the ports, stop JBoss and change the ports on the file listed below.  Start JBoss.

C:\adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\jboss4.2.1\server\dev\deploy\adobe-ds.xml