Expand my Community achievements bar.

Shrink text to Fit

Level 1

I'm in LiveCycle Desginer 8.2 and I simply cannot get the text in the text box to shrink to fit if there is too much text. I've set the Font pallette to 0 and the baseline to 0pt too and still I keep getting a "+" in the form indicating that there is more text.  I've done it the CTRL F4 way as well.  I am just at a loss!

Thanks.

4 Replies

Level 1

Thanks Steve!  Your answer was helpful but I really want the text to shrink to fit the box.  I LOVED that you sent a sample PDF that helped alot b/c I was able to copy and paste and see your values in the palettes.  Can you help me to make the text shrink to fit the box - I don't want the box to grow?  Thanks.

Former Community Member

Bill,

You can then change the font size using this syntax...

form1.page1.subform1.textField1.font.size = "8pt";

I have attached a sample that includes some different methods for invoking this syntax. The sample includes capturing the number of characters entered into a text field defined as a max of 20. Based upon the size of the text field, if you entered 20 characters with 10pt font you would get the out of bounds indicator (+). So I have guessimated that 18 characters with 10pt font is ok. If you enter > 18 characters the font changes to 8pt.

Steve

Former Community Member

I assume that you are trying to get the font to shrink so that the text entered fits into the alotted area. This is achieved by setting th efont size to 0. When you are in the Paragraph palette you must choose to set the Value portion of the object only. If you have Caption and Value set then it will not work. See the screen shot below:

screen1.png

Paul