Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Setting the presence attribute of a repeating subform

Level 3

I have a repeating subform, complete with working add and remove subform instance controls. That is, until I change the presence of the repeating subform.

The subform is set to "hidden" under initialize (event) and is further dependant upon the click result of two radio options.

If the user clicks No, then the subform remains invisible. End of story, it won't be used.

If the user clicks Yes, however, then the repeating subform then needs to appear, and have the "add" and "remove" buttons work correctly.

As it is, I can only get the subform to repeat if I do not have it set as "hidden" on initialize (that is, I have no script attached to the subform hiding it until the radio options are toggled) Otherwise it appears as told to, but then no longer will repeat using the instance manager.

I have tried to use the presence = "hidden" ; attribut under different scripting events with similar end results. I am guessing that because the original repeating subform has that it's presence is hidden until the radio button "yes" is clicked, then each additional subform added using the add subform instance controls will be stuck in "hidden"...

catch 22 ish. Either what I am trying to do it not possible, or I am overlooking something.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is the updated form which is adding rows when clicked..

https://acrobat.com/#d=IyYxDR4QfFhllUPQO58elQ

Instead of Setting the presence property of the subform to Hidden in the Properties palette, I did it in the Initialize event of the NAnimalExposure subform.

Let me know if this helps..

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 3

Steven,

It works on your form. But it still does not on mine. Set to invisible, I no longer need to set a script for the presence of the subform, but the add/remove instance manager still does not work unless it's set to visible.

Level 10

If you can post your form, I can check it..

Thanks

Srini

Level 3

Sent. Thank you for taking the time to view it.

Level 3

Steve,

I've gone over your example and compared to mine many times now, everything looks like it should be working. The only difference between your form and mine is that your instance controls are within your repeating subform whereas mine are in a different subform.

Right now where I am at is:

Repeating subform set to visible - Works perfectly, instance controls add and remove the subform as instructed, however it is initially visible.

Repeating subform set to invisible - subform starts off invisible, when triggered by the radio controls to appear, it does so, but then the instance control buttons do not function.

I am at a loss. Why do the instance controls stop working when the subform is set to invisible?

Former Community Member

Can you post the form or send it to stwalker.adobe@gmail.com? I think you may have sent it directly to Srini for review.

Thanks,

Steve

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is the updated form which is adding rows when clicked..

https://acrobat.com/#d=IyYxDR4QfFhllUPQO58elQ

Instead of Setting the presence property of the subform to Hidden in the Properties palette, I did it in the Initialize event of the NAnimalExposure subform.

Let me know if this helps..

Thanks

Srini

Level 3

Srini,

I am unable to view the document you posted, it comes up as unidentified file type both in the preview and if I download it. Odd.

Anyway, I took what you said and applied it to my form and it worked! Thank you so much.

This was a tremendous help, I'll need to use the a similar process about 20+ more times, so being able to understand it and repeat it is fundamental.

Thanks again.

For anyone having a problem with this. All you need to do is set the hidden presence property to the parent subform of the repeating subform. I don't know why that makes a difference, but it fixed the problem. Works like a charm now.

Thank you Steve as well for taking time to assist.