Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Send email to the Form Submitter instead of the process creator

Former Community Member

Hi,

Can any one please show me how to make a process to send an email notification to the Form Submitter instead of the Process Creator.

Here is my brief desc on my process: Form Filler (can be anyone) send the filled form for a list of employees to the one who request (the 1st employee name on the list of the form) then this he/she then submit the form (form submitter) to process to route it to the manager. Whether the mgr is approved or denied then the process is completed by sending to his/her for status of that request. I was able to have it to send the email to the process creator (creator_id) but not the Form Sumitter. Can any one please help.

Thanks,

Han Dao

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi Han

The Task Result variable might be useful for you: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/workbenchHelp/help.htm?content=001582.html

Create a variable of type Task Result (under the TaskManagerDSC section).

Set this variable on the Output tab of the Assign Task.

One of the Task Result objects is completedBy.

It has several values you can retrieve including email, canonicalName etc. (...assuming the email value is populated in User Manager)

In the SendWithDocument service, on the "To Addresses" tab, set the "To" field to XPath expression.

Now you can xpath to the object in the task result: /process_data/tr/object/completedBy/@email.

Diana

Former Community Member

Hi Diana,

Thanks for the quick reply but I am still using version 8.2.1. Yours is more for the ES2 version 9.0 therefore I could not find "Task Result" nor it exists under the TaskManagerDSC section as you specified. Can you please advise on version 8.2.1.

Thanks,

Han Dao

Former Community Member

Hi Han

I guess I should have double checked the version with you first!

If I remember correctly, in 8.2.1 there are a few more steps involved.

On the Assign Task service...Form Data Mapping tab, is a field called "Completed user id".

This is:

The location to store the GUID (Global Unique Identifier) representing the user who completed the task. The data type is string.

You need to create a string variable to hold that value.

You select that in the "Completed user id" field.

Because this is a GUID, you will then have to do a User Lookup (under Foundation) to find your user.

(http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/wb_help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm)

You can then use those results in the To field of the SendWithDocument.

Hope this helps.

Diana