Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Script to set presence of a subform based on a field's value not working

Level 3

I am setting up a type of evaluation form that needs to have a subform appear at the bottom whenever the evaluation fails. The subform contains text that will describe what the person will need to do for failing the evaluation.

Right now, I have the form set up to run a script whenever the "pass/fail" box changes. The script looks for the value of the pass/fail box and sets the presence of the end subform to visible if the pass/fail box text says "Fail".

For some reason though, the script is not reading the value of the pass/fail box. I can't figure out where I am going wrong.

Can send the form to whoever wants to take a quick look at it. Trying to find a way to make it available online...

- Using LiveCycle Designer ES v8.2.1...

6 Replies

Level 2

In your Switch stament you are referencing the subform as:

MAINBODYSUB.MainSub.FailedInspSub.presence = "visible";

Looks like you may need to precede it with form1 based on the hierachy:

form1.MAINBODYSUB.MainSub.FailedInspSub.presence

Level 3

I tried it again using form1, but it didn't work.

When using the form, enter in a "1" into the first box under "Code." This will turn the Pass/Fail result to "Fail". This should prompt the subform to appear, but it doesn't.

Level 2

I commented out your switch statement in the function and tested with the following which dispalyed the subform:

form1.MAINBODYSUB.MainSub.FailedInspSub.presence = result == "Fail" ? "visible":"hidden";

Level 3

Doesn't work consistently.

Here is the file modified with your script:

https://www.box.com/s/09dzlu2kmiv7uziqef7j

The way it should work is that, when you enter in a code, such as 1, a type appears on the right hand side- either C or S. A C is an automatic Fail and should appear in the pass/fail box after entering in the 1 under the code column. After the Fail appears, the script should be called and the subform should appear.

Then, if you were to change the 1 under the code to a 6, the resulting type is an S which makes the pass/fail box turn to Pass. At this point, the subform should disappear.

Does that make sense?

Level 2

Try commenting out failCheck.boxView() on the scoreVal calculate event and

add it to the DebitVal calculate event.

DebitVal::calculate - (JavaScript, client)

failCheck.boxView();

That should work but will make the type field protected.