Expand my Community achievements bar.

Script failed error (LiveCycle Designer)

Level 1

I created a form with LiveCycle which included a table that auto-calculates some of the factors the user will input and provides them a total.  I'm getting a pop-up when I open the form in Acrobat that reads, "Script failed (language is formcalc; context is xfa[0].form[0].form1[0].#subform[0]) script=cell".  It then reads underneath that, "Error: accessor 'cell' is unknown". 

I've tried changing the formula to Javascript, but then the formula doesn't calculate.  Any suggestions on how to fix this error or even to make the pop-up "hidden"?  I would settle for the pop-up to not appear at this point.  The form calculates just fine. 

7 Replies

Level 3

Would have to see the script you are using to troubleshoot?

Level 1

How can I post the form as an attachment?

Level 1

Well the first five cells are the same as far as formula.  Here's an example:

$=Cell5*Cell7

That result calculates in Cell 8.

There is also a sub-total cell which is:

Sum(Row1.Cell8, Row2.Cell8, Row3.Cell8, Row4.Cell8, Row5.Cell8)

Finally, the total amount cell calculates the sub-total cell (above) and a cell which the user will input an amount (which could also be zero):

Sum(Row9[0].Cell3, Row9[1].Cell3)

I'm not seeing a button where I can attach the actual form.  I think it might be easier to troubleshoot that way.  Any help is much appreciated.

Level 3

In order to make that work using javascript, you would have to change it to something like this:

Cell 8 Calculation:

this.rawValue = Cell5 * Cell7;

Sub-total cell:

this.rawValue = Row1.Cell8.rawValue + Row2.Cell8.rawValue + Row3.Cell8.rawValue + Row4.Cell8.rawValue + Row5.Cell8.rawValue;

Total amount:

this.rawValue = Row9[0].Cell3.rawValue + Row9[1].Cell3.rawValue;

Hope that helps.

Level 1

I tried the suggestions above and corrected the formulas and changed it from "formcalc" to "Javascript".  I'm still getting the same error and the formulas won't calculate. 

Level 3

It sounds like you are not referencing the cells correctly within the heirarchy. I think I would start by renaming the fields in the table to something unique (ie. row1cell1, row1cell2, etc.) Make certain that your rows are unique, as well. Row1, Row2, Row3, etc. so that none of the [#] things show up.

Then change your scripting to match and see if that helps.

Level 1

I suspect the original poster is no longer in need of assistance with this issue, but I stumbled across it while searching to a solution to the same problem and my solution follows.

In the Object tab for the Row in my table, I had unchecked "min count" under "repeat row for each data item"  - after setting that field to min "1" the error went away.