Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Saving a completed LiveCyle form with an auto generated name

Former Community Member

I have a form I am trying to build that I require to be name with a unique title each time it is filled out. The title would come from within the form itself (selected from the same two fields each time).  Is this possible?

2 Replies

Level 10

The only way to do it is via a trusted function and folder-level script so it's not feasible for most people - you need to have access to every machine the form will be filled out on so you can install the script ahead of time.

Good description here:

http://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-save-pdf-acrobat-javascript

Former Community Member

Thank you for the link, I will review it.

I am sorry I did forgot to mention that I do have access to every computer that will be using this form. It is used only by our in house staff, but it needs to be named a certain way each time to identify it and so we can match it back to another form completed. Which is why I was looking for a naming convention that could be scripted to combine the form title name and an invoice number (the invoice number is what makes the file name unique)