Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Save large form data in Oracle database

Level 2

Hi All,

I have a query as to how do we store a large xml say for ex more than 10000 bytes in oracle database. I tried using varchar but the length is limited to only 4000 bytes. Could any one please let me know how to achieve this.

Basically what I am trying to do is within adobe livecycle workflow I will get the user entered data in form as formData(xml) variable and I want to store the same for future reference. I need to use the same data to fill the form again in the future.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Shekhar,

I had MySQL handy, so I did using that and attached here is a sample. For Oracle, it is assignment for you along with retrieval.

-Wasil

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

You should use JDBC blob type.

BLOB.jpg

-Wasil

Level 2

Hi Wasil,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried using the BLOB type as you have mentioned but I am getting a type mismatch error. Please find the screenshot below.

SQL_Error.jpg

I am saving a formData which is XML document, so it is because of this I am getting this error? If so, Can you please let me know how do I store the formData. Also I have attached the screenshot of Execute SQL statement. Please let me know If I am doing anything wrong here.

ExecuteStatement.jpg

It will be great if you can share with any sample where a large formData is getting stored and retrieved back to the form.

Just a note I am using Oracle database

Thanks in advance.

Shekhar

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Shekhar,

I had MySQL handy, so I did using that and attached here is a sample. For Oracle, it is assignment for you along with retrieval.

-Wasil

Level 2

Thanks a lot Wasil.

I will try with oracle and let you know about my findings.

Level 2

Hi Wasil,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I tried the above sample with Oracle database but I got a error saying "Exception: Missing IN or OUT parameter at index:: 2". I tried searching for the possible reason but no luck.

In another approach i tried using CLOB datatype. In this case I was able to store the formdata but could not retrieve. I am getting a error as shown in the below screenshot.

Error.JPG

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shekhar

Level 1

Hi I have the same problem please you can help me!!!