Expand my Community achievements bar.

Save form data to the same for or a separate pdf file

Level 1

Hi,

We are trying to structure a application form for recruitment purposes.

1. We want the form to have some interactive components so that the users can enter their qualifications, address etc with some validations

2. We need to users to save the form data and submit the form using our online portal (job portal) as a regular file attachment. However, the text data entered in the form must be searchable in this PDF. For example, if I entered London in the City field of the address, a search for london in the document should highlight it. To this end, we are thinking of outputting the form as a regular PDF document with only text.

3. We expect to get about 2000 applications for this.

We are evaluating Lifecycle ES for this and structuring the form is going very well. However, we have concerns about the ability to save forms data or to output the completed form to a searchable pdf document. Any inputs are greatly appreciated.

Regards.

7 Replies

Level 10

Adobe IFilter is used to search content within PDF documents. Did you try that?

To save the PDF to the client machine use the script: app.execMenuItem("SaveAs");

Nith

Level 1

Thanks for the answer. However, even the save as option shows error message that the form cannot

be saved and can only be printed.

The main issue is about making the form save-enabled.

Regards.

Level 9

Hi,

I guess you have not made the form Reader enabled. If not, then open the form in Acrobat click on Advanced -> Extend Features in Adobe Reader ->Save.

Thanks.

Bibhu.

Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. is it possible to create a form in Livecycle and then make it read enabled using acrobat ?Also, wanted to know if there are any license issues surrounding this. I read an article that suggested it's restricted to 500 uses and we will definitely have more than that.

Level 9

Hi,

Yes, you can develop the form in LiveCycle Designer and can make the form reader enabled through Acrobat.

Though I am not sure about that restriction to 500 copies, But I guess it's true. In that case you have to purchase the license for it.

Thanks.

Bibhu.

Level 1

Hi,

Sorry about this but can you please elaborate on how to do this. The minute I open a form created in livecycle ES using Arcrobat X PRO, it says the form was created using livecycle and takes be back to it. So, not able to write-enable the form.

Regards,
Vinayaka

Level 9

Hi Vinayaka,

Are you trying to edit the form by clicking on Forms - > Edit the form in designer ?

Thanks.

Bibhu.