Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Sample XML Data, I see data in "preview mode" but not in the browser

Former Community Member

My Goal:

Have a pdf residing on a web server (internal) that displays data in a dropdown list from an xml file (the xml file resides on the same web server).

What I've done so far:

I created a "Sample XML Data" data connection

I binded a field from the xml file to the dropdown list (I drug the field from the data view window onto the dropdown list on the stage)

I saved the pdf as "Adobe Dynamic XML Form"

The properties are set as "Dynamic XML Form", with a Default Run at "Client" and the preview data file is pointing to the xml file on the web server

ISSUE:

When I "Preview" the form within Adobe LiveCycle Designer, I see the appropriate xml data

When I preview the pdf on the web server in Internet Explorer, the dropdown menu is blank

Please help, I'm new to LiveCycle, I've been scouring over documentation and experimenting for two days now and I'm getting no where.  Thanks so much!

1 Reply

Level 8

If your xml will stay the same:

1) Open your pdf in Acrobat and click on Tools>Forms>More Form Options>Manage Form Data>Import Data...

2) Save the form and upload to your web server.

If your xml will be updated on your web server you might need a solution like LiveCycle server. Our department uses iText. Another option might be using xfa.host.importData("yourxml.xml") in the docReady event, but the form would have to be certified.

Kyle