Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Rich Text Box Like the picture attached to this question

Level 1

Can I use wysiwyg text editör in Adobe LC ES2 while a Pdf Page design period?

I want to add a wysiwyg text editör in Adobe LC Es2 above the rich text box...

regards

Bk

test.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Sorry, misunderstood you.

As far as I know you can have a predefined rich text editor at run-time.

There are a couple of options.

1. Create a number of buttons, each one for a rich text function, eg 'bold', 'left align' etc. While it is possible to script for most rich text features, the difficulty may be in getting these buttons to work for more than one field.
  2. An easier option is to set the field to rich text in the Object > Field tab. You can then instruct the user that 'Control+B' will give bold text, etc. Also if the field is set to rich text, then pressing 'Control+E' (for edit) when the field has focus will bring up a floating editor. See below.

Parallels Desktop6.png

Parallels Desktop7.png

I would recommend Option 1. Sorry Option 2.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Message was edited by: Niall O'Donovan

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

There is a rich text editor in LC Designer already. Under the Windows menu there options to show/hide the Font (or Shift+F4) and Paragraph (or Shift+F5) tabs:

Parallels Desktop3.png

Parallels Desktop4.png

Niall

Level 1

Could you please have a look the image below, to see what I want to achieve in the preview of the pdf design..

Untitled-1.jpg

Correct answer by
Level 10

Sorry, misunderstood you.

As far as I know you can have a predefined rich text editor at run-time.

There are a couple of options.

1. Create a number of buttons, each one for a rich text function, eg 'bold', 'left align' etc. While it is possible to script for most rich text features, the difficulty may be in getting these buttons to work for more than one field.
  2. An easier option is to set the field to rich text in the Object > Field tab. You can then instruct the user that 'Control+B' will give bold text, etc. Also if the field is set to rich text, then pressing 'Control+E' (for edit) when the field has focus will bring up a floating editor. See below.

Parallels Desktop6.png

Parallels Desktop7.png

I would recommend Option 1. Sorry Option 2.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Message was edited by: Niall O'Donovan