Expand my Community achievements bar.

Reset Image Field removes the image field

Level 1

Can anyone help me figure out how to reset the image in the image field without removing the image field itself in Adobe Livecycle Designer 8.2? I am using the following script on a button:

ImageFieldName.rawValue = null;

I would like for the option to remain to attach an image but would like to have the option to remove it if necessary.

Any help would be appreciated.

7 Replies

Level 10

ImageFieldName.rawValue = null;

The above script works fine.. You can add the image and set the rawValue to null and then you can add an other image.

Are you not not getting the same result?

Please explain if you are looking for something more..

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

When I click the button with the script, it removes the entire image field from the form and the user does not have the option to add another image.

I am trying to give the user the option to add an image and also to remove it if it's not what they wanted to add. But for some reason the entire field is removed when the button is clicked.

I hope I'm explaining myself enough. If not, I can send you a sample of my form.

Thanks for your help.

Level 10

See if this sample helps..

https://acrobat.com/#d=38hvZFAmK3VbTMdJ4qH6*g

If not then you cans end your form to LiveCycle9@gmail.com so I can have a look at it.

Thanks

Srini

Added the link to the sample form.

Message was edited by: Srini Dhulipalla

Level 1

For some reason it doesn't work on my form...could it be because it's flowed? I just emailed you a sample.

Thanks again for your help.

Level 10

I unchecked the check boxes, "Expand to Fit" for Width and Height in the Layout tab. That helped.

Try and let me know if that helps in your system..

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

That helped to clear the image. But the reason I wanted to expand the width and height is because users will be attaching screenshots of reports to this form and the image field will need to adjust to the original size of the attachment. By unchecking the expand to fit options, the screenshots will only fit in the size of the image field. So I assume I will need to increase the size of the image field.

Is there a way around this? If not, is there a way to include an image for the users to click on behind the image field instead of clicking on, what it looks to be, empty space? My form is flowed so I didn't think I could add a static image behind it because it will dynamically expand. I will definitely need some type of image telling them where to click if I enlarge the image field.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Level 1

I was able to find my answer in the following topic:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2317086#2317086

I added additional JavaScript to the image fields and reset buttons to override the minW and minH.

Thanks for your help.