Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Required Text Box 101

Level 1

I'm pretty much a beginner at Livecycle, I have the entire form that i need created & ready to go, except I need to make one field required.  I've selected user entered - required, but apparently that only makes the box red... I need some sort of error to pop up telling them that it must be filled out.  The item name is TextField11[0]

can someone help me with the java script to make an error message pop up and where to put it at for this item?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

If you have any required field in a form then before submitting the form it will show an alert to fill the required fields before submitting the form.

You can also show the alert in the exit event of the TextField. In the exit event of the field write the following script.

if (this.rawValue == null)

{

app.alert("Please fill this field");

}

Thanks,

Bibhu.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

If you have any required field in a form then before submitting the form it will show an alert to fill the required fields before submitting the form.

You can also show the alert in the exit event of the TextField. In the exit event of the field write the following script.

if (this.rawValue == null)

{

app.alert("Please fill this field");

}

Thanks,

Bibhu.