Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Required radio buttons, anyway to remove red outline once checked?

Level 1

I have a PDF I'm working on in LC which has couple dozen yes/no radio button questions. I have these radio button pairs each set to required input. My issue is when a reader is filling out the PDF with 'highlight fields' turned on, after they select yes or no on one of the questions the red 'required input' border remains on the unselected option.

For example; Do you like PDF's? [ x ] YES [  ] NO *required input

yesno.jpg

However even though the 'yes' radio button is checked the opposite 'no' radio button in the same group remains highlighted red as it's a required input. But the selection on the group has already been made, so my question is there anyway to remove the red outline once a selection has been made in that radio button group.

Thanks a ton!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

The only real control over the highlight colour for mandatory fields is to turn it on or off. See example here: http://bit.ly/e3bTJF.

Different versions of Acrobat/Reader treat the mandatory radio buttons. Acrobat v9 outlines the group with a rectangle.

Acrobat1.png

If the objects are radio buttons, I would stick with the default circle shape as the users will be familar with the shape and that the meaning that they can only select one of the choices. Using a square shape implies that they can make more than one selection.

Niall

Assure Dynamics

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

The only real control over the highlight colour for mandatory fields is to turn it on or off. See example here: http://bit.ly/e3bTJF.

Different versions of Acrobat/Reader treat the mandatory radio buttons. Acrobat v9 outlines the group with a rectangle.

Acrobat1.png

If the objects are radio buttons, I would stick with the default circle shape as the users will be familar with the shape and that the meaning that they can only select one of the choices. Using a square shape implies that they can make more than one selection.

Niall

Assure Dynamics

Level 1

Appreshiate you taking the time to reply Niall, thanks.