Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

repeating subform creates new subform each time doc is saved and reopened

Level 4

This has me stumped! 

I have a doc where I have a subform repeat if you click a button.  When the form is saved to reader every time you open the form it ads another one of these subforms.  It doesnt happen with other subforms in the form, just this one.  It is almost like this one subform is resetting each time you open the form?

But i cannot find where any of the subforms are set up differently?

any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Jodi

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

FOUND IT!  I had the same subform twice! I had hidden one and then when the user decided they wanted it, I copied one over.

Thanks for the help guys!

Jodi

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 7

Check that there is nothing in the initialisation event of the subform or form that is creating a subform.

Level 10

Hi there,

there could be different reasons for this behaviour...

as MinusZero said, it could be any javascript script in initialize; docready; or anywhere that hold script which would add instances to your subform.

In the other hand, sometimes it's a problem with the software when reading the file. If you have subforms in different places in the form with the same names, it could happen that the software adds a random instance to one of them. By giving them a distinct name it can fix the problem.

Hope this help.

Level 4

Thanks Minus Zero !  That was one of the first things I checked.  I am not sure if something isnt corrupted in a subform?

I will keep digging !

Thanks again!

Level 4

I am going to double check the names.  I dont think i have any dups but you never know. It  could be a corrupted subform but not sure
I will keep digging.

Thank you so much for your help!

Jodi

Correct answer by
Level 4

FOUND IT!  I had the same subform twice! I had hidden one and then when the user decided they wanted it, I copied one over.

Thanks for the help guys!

Jodi