Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Repeater Grid, required property of element has no effect.

Level 2

Hello all,

I am using a repeater grid in a form guide for capturing data.  However, I am having difficulty requiring the user to fill in all the fields in the row.

Setting the Required property under the Display Rules of each text field in the repeater grid has no effect.  Setting this Required property on a text field named "Testing Required Validation" in the Header area of the repeater grid works as expected.  If you leave it blank and exit the panel, a validation error occurs as it should.

Is this not supported?  Or is there something tricky with regard to repeater grids.

I've tried making elements in the data model that are bound to the fields in the repeater grid 'required' but this has no effect either.

transDateLayout.JPG

transDateProperties.JPG

Does anyone out there have any suggestions or references?

Thanks,

Jason

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Just tried it on my version and it is working fine. When do you expect the validations to run? There is a setting on the main Guide properties

page that determines if it is when you submit or when you exit the panel.

Paul

Level 2

Hello Paul,

Thank you so much for your reply.

As for the timing of the validation, it can be either at panel exit or at submit.  Both settings have no effect on my guide.

Would it be possible for you to send your sample?

Thanks,

Jason

Former Community Member

I cannot share that form (it belongs to another Customer) if you want to send me yours I can have a look at it. Send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com

Paul