Expand my Community achievements bar.

repeat a subform

Former Community Member

Hi all,

I'm working on creating a pay statement for a company, and so far everything is working nicely.  I have run into one problem though.  I have mulitple subforms in the main subform.  If any of the subforms contain too much information, they just keep running down the page.  What I am trying to do is get the subform to continue on the next page, but only if it exceeds the size of the subform it is contained within, and it doesn't matter where on the page the subform is.

The subform is in the middle of the page, but if it exceeds the area that it is displayed in, I want it to continue on the next page.  I've done some reading, but a lot of the information I see just talks about if the form flows past the end of the page, then it will continue on the next page.  I do have areas of the pay statement where the information needs to stay within.

The other thing too, is there are certain sections of the form that I want the information to repeat on the next page, but not all of it.  Still trying to figure out how to do that.

Any suggestions?  I am using Livecycle Designer 8.1.

Hope this makes sense.

Kevin

3 Replies

Level 7

For the overflowing subform issues use masterpages to set the area on the page where you want the subform to go and then when it overflows onto the next page it will stay within that area.

Re repeating information on another page you can either use binding (under Object > Binding) or use code (such as $ = page1.textField1).

Former Community Member

Hi there,

Just one question about this.  If I create this in the master page, does it need to have its own Content Area?

Thanks,

Kevin

Level 7

yes - the content area will dictate where on the page the section will go so just make sure you put it in the right place on the page.