Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Render dynamic PDF Form with attachments

Level 1

Hello,

I try to render en PDF Form based on an XDP document (dynamic form) with ES3 Forms Service Client java API (using renderPDFForm method).

A problem occures with attachments.

When plain/text (or an application/xml) files are attached, it's OK: the PDF form is rendered and.txt and .xml attachments are added (renderer by acrobat reader).

But when i try to render a pdf form with multiple attachment types like pdf and msword files: it does not work even if I change the file extension or content type (from application/pdf to application/octet-stream or plain/text) of the "attached" Document.

The rendered pdf form is corrupted and cannot be rendered by Acrobat Reader.

Adobe reader says that the file is damaged and cannot be repaired.

Thanks !

1 Reply

Former Community Member

I am attaching multiple files to a dynamic PDF in ES2. I did have an issue where the server was running out of heap space in renderPDFForm. The error was in the server log. I changed the JVM settings per: http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/2007/10/tuning_the_sun_hotspot_jvm.html and also changed the way I was creating the Map of com.adobe.idp.Documents such that the Documents were on disk instead of in memory.