Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Remove default "text" chars when adding new text object (label)

Level 8

Is it possible to create a new text object without the chars "text" inside it?

Also, when you convert a rectangle to text object, you the chars "text" inside it. Can you make it blank by default?

Tarek

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Tarek,

The text object is defined in a Text.xfo file, on my system it is under C:\Users\BR001\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Designer\10.0\EN\Objects\Standard.

You can find out the location by looking at the Group Properties of the Standard Object library;

StandardObject.GroupProperties.PNG

You can also create your own widget, set it up on the design view how you want and then do right click "add to library" (option has moved, but that's what ES3 has).  But I don't think you can get your own ones to show up in the dropdown when trying to convert objects.

Bruce

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Tarek,

The text object is defined in a Text.xfo file, on my system it is under C:\Users\BR001\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Designer\10.0\EN\Objects\Standard.

You can find out the location by looking at the Group Properties of the Standard Object library;

StandardObject.GroupProperties.PNG

You can also create your own widget, set it up on the design view how you want and then do right click "add to library" (option has moved, but that's what ES3 has).  But I don't think you can get your own ones to show up in the dropdown when trying to convert objects.

Bruce

Level 8

Just to say thank you BR001_ACP​, this solution has saved me a lot of time. It's awesome!