Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Relocate fragment library

Level 1

We're new to LiveCycle Designer (ES2) standalone. My coworker created a form using fragments, but the fragments are stored in her "My Documents\My Fragments" folder. We moved the fragments to a shared folder and now the PDF forms can no longer find them. Is there any way to update all the fragment references en masse or do we have to go through each form and every fragment one-by-one? Thanks. -- Ben

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Sorry Ben,

I don't have a definitive answer.

The safest way would be to relink in the Fragment Subform tab:

Parallels Desktop1.png

If you were feeling brave (and tested on a copy first), you could do a find/replace within the XML Source, swapping out the old reference for the new reference:

Parallels Desktop2.png

Not for the faint hearted - good luck,

Niall

PS

You would need to see what the new fragment library looked like, then

FIND: usehref="..\..\..\..\Fragments\

REPLACE: usehref="..\..\..\..\myNewFragments\

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Ben,

You should be able to import the fragment library into LC Designer by using the menu to the right of the library and selecting open:

Parallels Desktop1.png

However, if you are running LC Designer standalone (and not with Workbench ES) then I suspect that you will have to relink the newly imported fragment with the form objects.

I'll be honest in a standalone environment I have not seen much benefit in using fragments (imho).

Good luck,

Niall

EDIT: I do use them for storing commonly used script objects, but just not for form objects like buttons and textfields.

Level 1

Niall, thanks for the quick response. The fragment library is very useful to us because we're creating dozens of forms, many of which have common elements. Is there a better approach?

We moved the fragments and did Open Fragment Library as you suggested which will help moving forward, but we're still left updating the references on all the forms we already created.

--Ben

Correct answer by
Level 10

Sorry Ben,

I don't have a definitive answer.

The safest way would be to relink in the Fragment Subform tab:

Parallels Desktop1.png

If you were feeling brave (and tested on a copy first), you could do a find/replace within the XML Source, swapping out the old reference for the new reference:

Parallels Desktop2.png

Not for the faint hearted - good luck,

Niall

PS

You would need to see what the new fragment library looked like, then

FIND: usehref="..\..\..\..\Fragments\

REPLACE: usehref="..\..\..\..\myNewFragments\

Level 1

We ended up doing it all manually, but search and replacing in the XDP would have been perfect. Thanks for suggesting it.