Expand my Community achievements bar.

Refresh a form

Level 3

Hi,

How do I refresh a form..I tried xfa.form.remerge(); and xfa.layout.relayout(); but both of them dont work.

I want the form or letter to go back to its original state once the user click Print.

Thanks

Ace

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Ace,

You need the reset script/button - just drag the standard one from the object library and copy/paste after the print command. This will delete all of the data that the user has entered, which may not be what you or the user wants. Maybe include a message and check the users response (Ok, Cancel).

xfa.host.resetData();

Note that the reset button will not restore repeatable objects back to their original number (min count or initial count). A form here does this manually in the reset button: https://acrobat.com/#d=RZ1lzX23*u7L4N9rtWCYPQ

Good luck,

Niall

Level 3

Thanks Niall,

The reset button only deletes the data entered by the user, doesnt refresh it to its original state

This is a letter, its flowed, it has no repeating objects.

On the header of the letter when the user prints, I "remove the combs" and  also on the address fields if the user didnt fill in line 2 or line 4 for example, once the user clicks print I remove the empty lines...

So what I want is to "reset" this letter to its original state with the combs and all the address lines.

Level 10

Okay,

I think I have a better handle on it now.

For the address fields you could use a prePint script:

if (this.rawValue == "" || this.rawValue == null)

{

this.presence = "hidden";

}

And then on the postPrint event:

this.presence = "visible"; 

Not sure how you are removing the combs, but a similar prePrint/postPrint approach should work.

Niall

Level 3

This

is how I remove empty lines on the address, I call this method on the prePrint

function

removeEmptyLines(elementName, elementValue){

if (elementValue == " " || elementValue == "" || elementValue == null){

xfa.resolveNode(elementName).presence

= 'hidden';

}

else{

xfa.resolveNode(elementName).border.edge.color.value

= "255,255,255";

}

For removing the combs I call this method ( I dont really remove them...but assign what is entered on the combs to another fiield_print without the combs)

function

removeComb(elementName, elementValue){

xfa.resolveNode(elementName

+ "_print").rawValue = elementValue;

xfa.resolveNode(elementName).presence

= 'hidden';

xfa.resolveNode(elementName

+ "_print").presence = 'visible';

}

Level 10

Hi Ace,

You could just call another function on postPrint:

restoreEmptyLines(elementName){

var vObject = xfa.resolveNode(elementName);

vObject.presence = 'visible';

vObject.border.edge.color.value = "0,0,0";

}

Since you are already using two objects for the combed field (presumably with a global binding), then I would set the object with the combs to "Visible - screen only" and the object without the combs to "Visible - print only" (in the Object > Field tab presence dropdown). This would do away with this script.

Hope that helps,

Niall