Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Refresh a form

Level 3

Hi,

How do I refresh a form..I tried xfa.form.remerge(); and xfa.layout.relayout(); but both of them dont work.

I want the form or letter to go back to its original state once the user click Print.

Thanks

Ace

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Ace,

You need the reset script/button - just drag the standard one from the object library and copy/paste after the print command. This will delete all of the data that the user has entered, which may not be what you or the user wants. Maybe include a message and check the users response (Ok, Cancel).

xfa.host.resetData();

Note that the reset button will not restore repeatable objects back to their original number (min count or initial count). A form here does this manually in the reset button: https://acrobat.com/#d=RZ1lzX23*u7L4N9rtWCYPQ

Good luck,

Niall

Level 3

Thanks Niall,

The reset button only deletes the data entered by the user, doesnt refresh it to its original state

This is a letter, its flowed, it has no repeating objects.

On the header of the letter when the user prints, I "remove the combs" and  also on the address fields if the user didnt fill in line 2 or line 4 for example, once the user clicks print I remove the empty lines...

So what I want is to "reset" this letter to its original state with the combs and all the address lines.

Level 10

Okay,

I think I have a better handle on it now.

For the address fields you could use a prePint script:

if (this.rawValue == "" || this.rawValue == null)

{

this.presence = "hidden";

}

And then on the postPrint event:

this.presence = "visible"; 

Not sure how you are removing the combs, but a similar prePrint/postPrint approach should work.

Niall

Level 3

This

is how I remove empty lines on the address, I call this method on the prePrint

function

removeEmptyLines(elementName, elementValue){

if (elementValue == " " || elementValue == "" || elementValue == null){

xfa.resolveNode(elementName).presence

= 'hidden';

}

else{

xfa.resolveNode(elementName).border.edge.color.value

= "255,255,255";

}

For removing the combs I call this method ( I dont really remove them...but assign what is entered on the combs to another fiield_print without the combs)

function

removeComb(elementName, elementValue){

xfa.resolveNode(elementName

+ "_print").rawValue = elementValue;

xfa.resolveNode(elementName).presence

= 'hidden';

xfa.resolveNode(elementName

+ "_print").presence = 'visible';

}

Level 10

Hi Ace,

You could just call another function on postPrint:

restoreEmptyLines(elementName){

var vObject = xfa.resolveNode(elementName);

vObject.presence = 'visible';

vObject.border.edge.color.value = "0,0,0";

}

Since you are already using two objects for the combed field (presumably with a global binding), then I would set the object with the combs to "Visible - screen only" and the object without the combs to "Visible - print only" (in the Object > Field tab presence dropdown). This would do away with this script.

Hope that helps,

Niall