Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Receive video by P2P failed

Level 2

When trying tp receive stream from user that have no camera or mic:

webcamSubscriber.playStream(streamName);

I got the following error:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
    at com.adobe.rtc.sharedManagers::

StreamManager/findCodec()
    at com.adobe.rtc.sharedManagers::StreamManager/onUserAdd()
     at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at com.adobe.rtc.sharedManagers::UserManager/userReceivedOrEdited()
    at com.adobe.rtc.sharedManagers::UserManager/onItemReceive()
     at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at com.adobe.rtc.sharedModel::CollectionNode/http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::receiveItem()
     at com.adobe.rtc.messaging.manager::MessageManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::receiveItem()
     at com.adobe.rtc.messaging.manager::MessageManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::receiveItems()
     at com.adobe.rtc.session.managers::SessionManagerBase/receiveItems()

could be that because of no mic or camera available it cant find camera/mic codecs?

Is there any solution for that?
5 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi,

Yes, could be possible.

It doesn't get called on playStream but on User Addition and tries get the codec while the mic is not there and returns a null. I will fix so that even if mic is null, it still doesn't throw that exception.

Since it is in player 10 code which you don't have access to, I will say catch the exception or something. This exception is not any harmful, just that it has stumbled up on a place where null check should have been done ideally.

I am curious to know what sequence of steps you did to get to this point from playStream because playStream doesn't have any User Addition stuff.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 2

Thanks.

The steps to this bug to happen is simply use playStream on webcamSubscriber in Flash CS4 compiled application on computer without mic driver.

webcamSubscriber.connectSession = sess;

webcamSubscriber.subscribe();               
webcamSubscriber.playStream(stream);  

I have a question regarding try-catch solution. Will it enable me to actually receive this stream?

If I catch it during playstream I might not get the stream at all. Does the error happens after stream already established?

Thanks,

Gadi

Former Community Member

Strangely, no one ever reported this.

I will reconstruct the set of events and let you know.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

Hi Gadi,

I investigated and as I said earlier, the error doesn’t do anything to the stream, it is something that you get when you enter if your mic is not installed and you are using player 10 swc. Just ignore that error for time being. We will fix the error warning in next release.

Even with that error, I can still see the Camera Stream. You should ideally install some audio driver.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 2

Thank you.

Will do try-catch to avoid Flash Debug Messages there.

Thanks,

Gadi