Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Reading data from Print based PDF form

Former Community Member
Note this is a somewhat SAP Adobe specific queston but the SAP forums suggested I may get an answer here (here's hoping).
We have a requirement to send our PDF output for Payslips desinged in LiveCylce 8.0 (embedded into the SAP GUI) and generated using Adobe Document Services (I am note sure if this is a SAP component or Adobe). This print PDF is then sent  to a thirdparty for printing. The print house require a way of knowing the value of certain fields in the PDF as part of the printing/sorting process and also know where each payslip ends (i.e. 1 PDF file with multiple payslips, each payslip can be a variable number of pages).

Is this type of information still accessible in the PDF by default?
If not can it be embedded?
What tools/language APIs can be used to inspect the PDF for this type of data?
We have been trying to see if the concept of Tagged PDF would suit we are not able to see how this is created in the version of LiveCycle that is integrated in SAP. We all the PDFs we generate seem to have the "Tagged" file property as "No".
Many thanks for any assistance.
1 Reply

Former Community Member

I'm not sure that using a tagged PDF would help.  You may be able to inject some metadata into the form that could be used in some way to identify the values in certain fields (your first requirement).  As for identifying where one payslip ends and another starts...  I'm not sure how this could be achieved.

Regards

Steve