Expand my Community achievements bar.

Question Re: Checkboxes and Multiple Subforms (Form Attached)

Level 2

Attached is a form I'm working on for my company.  If you look at the form on Page 1 in the section called Diagnosis.  Underneath the Diagnosis are groups of checkboxes titled "Addressed" "N/A" and "Deferred".   What I'm trying to accomplish is that when the employee checks off any of boxes under the category "Addressed" it will automaitcally create Page 2 of my form.

I've already created a subform of Page 2 with a min of 1 and a max of 13 showing an initial count of 13.  I don't know whether I did that correctly or not.

So basically if an employee clicks the "Addressed" box of let's say 2, 6, 8, and 11 I would like 4 instances of page 2 to appear since the patient basically has 4 problems that need to be addressed to while they're in treatment.

I don't know if I should add buttons to do that but I thought it would be easier for an employee that soon as they check off an addressed box under the 13 categories it will reproduce page 2 of the form so they could type and continue to page 3 and 4.

Thank you all so much for taking a look. If you want to re-attach the form with a solution that would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks!

3 Replies

Level 2

I didn't realize the forum lets attachments stayed queued for so long so I'm attaching it again through my company site.  I really would like some input on this problem.

http://www.narcofreedom.com/forms/test2.pdf

Thank you all so much for looking.

Level 2

You could probably create a page for each of the problems identified that would hidden by default.  When the user click that problem you could programatically set the property of that page to visible.  This should work if your subform is the size of a page.

Level 2

That's sounds like an idea but does that mean I have to take out the subform and recreate Page Two 13 times and the set them all to invisible unless a button is checked make them visible?

If so, how do I go about doing that?

Also, since the form was originally 4 pages I see that LiveCycle Designer has the option to insert a page but it only inserts at the end of the document, can I insert the pages before it gets to page 3? Like a MS Document?

Thank you.

I'm not sure how that whole visible thing works and what javascript is involved to make that happen.