Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Question: How do you remove Menu Items from showing up in LC

Level 2

Hello everyone:

If someone can please point me in the right direction in how to convert app.hideMenuItem("Toolbars"); to the XFA SOM?

I am creating the form using Adobe Distiller from an access report.  I change the Interface Options in Acrobat to hide file and toolbar menus, but when I convert it to LC, the options are removed.

I also scripted app.hideMenuItem("Toolbars"); in the Page.Open event using Acrobat and when I convert to LC the code does nothing at the subPage1.Initialize event.  Not even when I reopen the converted form in Acrobat does the script run...

What is the best method of hidding menu items using LC Designer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Ivan A. LoretoComputer Education Technician

LOMA LINDA UNIVERSITY | School of Allied Health Professions - Department of Physical Therapy

System Info:

Acrobat Pro 9

LC ver 8.2.1

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Ivan,

Here is what liitle I know on this topic.

The attached doc was created when Designer 7 was released and it has a table of the Acrobat JavaScript APIs and there equivalents, if any, in Designer. According to that doc, app.hideMenuItem() is supported in Designer and there is no Designer JavaScript equivalent.

My brief look at this matter leads me to believe security constraints since Reader 6.0 have changed the rules.

I recommend you take a look at trusted functions and context in the Acrobat 9 SDK.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/acrobat_sdk/9/Acrobat9_HTMLHelp/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?&accessi...

That is as far as I got.

Steve

Level 2

Hi Steve,

Thanks for you for the documentation link.

I read the link and implemented the folder-level script and escalated the priviledge of the secure funciton hideMenuItem() as documented to no avail.

The LC form is being imported as 'flowable' from Acrobat 9. If I import into LC as 'fixed' the toolbar is hidden, but the form is limited.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for taking the time to post a reply.

Have a nice day,

iL