Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Putting descriptive text below a text field

Level 2

Is there a way to have the descriptive text below a text field on a form instead of always on the left?  I know I can delete the descriptive text that is a part of the field and put a separate text box below but I'd rather not have to do it that way.    

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you go to the Layout tab, there is a dropdown that will allow you to position the caption around an object.

Parallels Desktop1.png

If the Layout tab is not visible, you can select it from the Windows menu (or Shift + F9).

Also when developing your layout and spacing, consider the potential for the user to become confused as to which caption refers to which field (eg taking the caption from the object above, to be the caption for a lower object). 

Good luck,

Niall

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you go to the Layout tab, there is a dropdown that will allow you to position the caption around an object.

Parallels Desktop1.png

If the Layout tab is not visible, you can select it from the Windows menu (or Shift + F9).

Also when developing your layout and spacing, consider the potential for the user to become confused as to which caption refers to which field (eg taking the caption from the object above, to be the caption for a lower object). 

Good luck,

Niall

Level 7

As an alternative, you could also use a separate plain text field with a fillable text field. I prefer this method because it offers greater flexibility.

Caption1.jpg

Level 2

A-ha!  There's the little bugger, hiding away like that.  Sometimes I wish the Acrobat UI designers made things a bit more intuitive to find.