Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Pull Information from the Web

Former Community Member

Is there a way to set up a LiveCycle form, so that it will pull information directly from a web-based ordering system?

Our salesmen have to enter information into the on-line ordering system and then fill out the contractual documents.  I would like to get it set up, so that the form will pull the customer information off of the ordering system, instead of the salesman having to re-enter the information.  Is this possible?  If so, what do I need to do to accomplish it?

1 Reply

Level 10

Since the user is using an online ordering system, I expect that the info is saved to a database.

You will have three options to get the data from the database.

1) Create a DSN and link the form directly to the OLEDB database using the DSN.

2) Bind a schema to the form and generate the data from the DB in the form of XML and then render the PDF with the XML data. You ned to have workbench server software for this.

3) Develop a webservice to retrieve the data and in your form, create a dataconnection using the webservice to get the data.

For the options 1) and 3) above, you need to have the reader extensions server software to communicate with the database/ webservice.

Hope this give some ideas to you..

Thanks

Srini