Expand my Community achievements bar.

Process variable values through Remoting

Former Community Member

In a Flex app, I need to display a table list of processes, both RUNNING and COMPLETE showing the values of the some process variables.  And I want to know what values the PROCESS thinks it has, not any user task.

I could perhaps go directly to the database and look this information up, but have decided to dive into the API calls, using Remoting, as opposed to Web Service

The way to do this appears to be to use the TaskManagerQueryService can call

List processInstanceList(String processName, boolean returnVariables)

List processList()

List processSearch(ProcessSearchFilter filter)

I get an error when I try to use the processInstanceList with the returnVariables set to true.  It works fine when false, I get a list of processes, just no variable values.

So, I will have to find the variables values another way.  There is

List getProcessVariableValues(long taskId)

but, this requires a taskId. From what I know, a taskId is associated with a user task.  Is process variable data only retrievable if I know the a user task?  What if my process is long lived, but has no user task (ie, maybe timers make it long lived)

If this is the way to do it, how do I match up taskID and a process or processID?
If not, what is the way to do it?

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Also, I don't see a AS3 class that supports the functionality of the Java API TaskManagerQueryService.  Does this mean I have to reproduce all those Java classes as AS3 classes to use this service, like ProcessSearchFilter or TaskSearchFilter?