Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem with current date field...

Level 4

I want to display the current date and time, but when I change the data format in the binding tab to "Date and Time" and assign a pattern that includes date and time, all I get is the current date, NOT the time. TIA!

11 Replies

Level 4

To add current date & Time fields in LiveCycle Designer

You can use a date/time field to automatically show the current date by using the Runtime Property option in the Value tab of the Object palette.

Note: When using a current date field, the date updates to reflect the system’s current date each time a user opens the form.

1. In the Object Library palette, click the Standard category and drag a Date/Time Field object onto the form design.

2. In the Object palette, click the Value tab and select Calculated - Read Only from the Type list.

3. Select the Runtime Property option.

4. View the form in the Preview PDF tab.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Vipin

Level 4

Well, I thought it was correct. What I need the field to do is whenever the form is opened, I need the field to be populated with the time/date it was opened. Using the runtime method changes the time/date every time it's accessed. If I add a "Date/Time Field", change the "Value" to "Calculated - Read Only" and change the "Data Format" in the "Binding" tab to "Date and Time", it doesn't show anything when I preview the PDF. Same goes for if I add a "Current Date" item and change the "Data Format" in the "Binding" tab to "Date and Time". Any ideas?

Level 4

In the Object palette, when you will click the Value tab and select "Calculated - Read Only" from the Type list and select the Runtime Property option, binding tab will automatically hide. I'm using Designer 10.0.2.

Level 4

I have found 3 more variants. You can write below code on initialize event. It will automatically display the current data & time during the preview

1.   xfa.form.form1.Page1.TextField1.rawValue

= util.printd("dd.mm.yyyy HH:MM", new Date());

2.  xfa.form.form1.Page1.TextField2.rawValue = util.printd("dddd d. mmmm yyyy HH:MM ", new Date());

3.  xfa.form.form1.Page1.TextField3.rawValue = util.printd("date{EEEE, D. MMMM YYYY} time(de){HH:MM:SS Z}", new Date(), true);

Hope this helps,

Vipin

Level 4

I have tried applying these scripts in the initialize event to all manner of objects, text field objects, date/time objects, numeric objects, current date objects, and it shows nothing. If I could just edit the date/time format of the current date object when it is set to "Runtime Property-Current Date/Time" I MIGHT be able to use it. I really appreciate your help thus far. Would it be possible for you to share a pdf file that you've made where this works so I might disect it? No matter what pattern I specify in the "Field" palette, it shows it's own formatting.

UPDATE: I did go back after trying it a few times to change the value after Page1 to match the name of my field.

UPDATE 2: Here is a link to what I've done. Take a look and let me know what I'm doing wrong, or change it and share it back. Thanks so much for your help!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1so2hcao372k37z/Script%20Examples.pdf

Level 4

HA!!!!! I figured out the date/time formatting!!! It's in the xml as a script. I edited the format in the script and VOILA!!!!  Thanks again for all your help!

Level 4

It tells me "The document can't be found or you don't have access to it".

Level 4

To access the file you should have account on it or do you have any other way to share the file please let me know.

Level 4

I log in using my Adobe ID, is that not the same as a Workspace account?