Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem in Tab order

Level 9

Hello All ,

I have a form which has 7 Pages. In all those pages there are few required fields are present. Auto-tabbing should only advance to required fields. In Page 1 lets say I got 10 required fields. So I have set the tab order according to that. My needs are as follows.

1. After exiting the last required field of page, tab should advance to the next required field in page 2 . The same is applicable to all those pages.How to do that ? As we have some fields (which are not required in the page) comes into the tab order automatically after we have set the tab order for the required fields manually.

2. I have some dependent mandatory fields. As auto-tabbing should only advance to required fields , I need a dynamic tab order here . Is it possible to set the tab order in such manner that it should only advance to the required fields (even if they are dependent on few selections to be made at run time ) ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bibhu.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Bibhu,

I don't believe that you can change the tab order at runtime, which is what you are trying to achieve with fields that change from optional to required based on users' actions.

The custom tab order can be tricky and should only be set as the last step, as I find that making changes to the form can throw the custom order out of sequence.

In practice I find it better to stick with the automatic tab order. However it is important to realise that the actual tab order to heavily affected/influenced by the respective x/y coordinates of objects working from the top/left to the bottom/right of the form. Also once the tab goes into an object in a subform, the tabbing order will work through the subform before coming back out and up to the next object.

Maybe someone else will have a better direction on this.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 9

Hello Niall,

I have a radio button which is mandatory and it has some empty message. The empty message should display if it's kept blank and attempting to do one of the following task - Submit by email, Submit by XML , Print. When the tab goes out of the radio button without filling it then it shows the empty message that this must be entered. I am confused as this should display while Printing or submitting the form.

One mote thing , how to exclude the readOnly fields from the tab order.

Thanks.

BiBhu.