Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem connecting with SQL Server from simple form.

Former Community Member

Scenario:

I am trying to develop a simple LiveCycle form that will enable a user to populate fields from an SQL Server 2008 R2 database.  The data in the form will be displayed as bar codes.  The ultimate goal is to print it out as a cover sheet for scanning a document into a database.

I am stuck on what should be one of the simplest parts, populating a drop down list from the database.  I have been receiving Environment not trusted messages.  Here is a simple example to illustrate my problem.  I hope someone will be able to point out what I am doing wrong. 

I have studied all the suggestions from "Environment Not trusted error HELP".  Nothing seems to help.  Here is the problem distilled to a trivial example.

Configuration:  Win7 Pro x64 client system. 16 GB RAM, all the latest patches.  SQL Server 2008 R2  is  on my local network, within my domain.  I have successfully populated a drop down list, from this setup, with the .NET framework.  I have spent many hours trying to locate the source of my problem.

Steps.  I have included all my choices, in case someone can point out where I went wrong or an alternate way of making it work.

1. Create a blank form in LiveCycle ES 8.2
  2. Create a new data connection. Here are the highlights of my choices.
    1. OLEDB Database
    2. Build connection string
      1. MS OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
      2. Select my DB Server
      3. NT integrated security.
      4. Select my SQL database
      5. Test connection succeeded.
    3. I select a simple table with two text fields
    4. For ADO Properties – an area I know little about, I mostly take defaults.  I have
      1. User/password blank
      2. Connect Timeout 15
      3. Query Timeout 30
      4. Cursor Type: Static
      5. Cursor Location Client
      6. Lock Type: Read Only – my only change from defaults
      7. BOF Action Move First
      8. EOF Action Move Last
    5. Add a drop-down List with defaults.
    6. From object binding I select my data connection and one of the text fields
      1. Binding Properties, Don’t update any related properties
    7. Preview PDF and I receive the following message: Connection to Source {connection name} failed because the environment is not trusted.

Afterward I see the dropdown list with a single value in it, but no pull down arrow.  I sure hope someone can help me out.

0 Replies