Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Problem adding dynamic sections in a form

Level 1

Hello,

I've previously used LiveCycle to design static forms, but am now trying to create a dynamic interactive form.  I'm completely new to this process so I thought I'd learn by trying to re-create the sample Purchase Order form that comes with the software, to ease myself into it.

I'm using LiveCycle Designer 7.0 on Windows XP Professional.

Within the Purchase Order example, the two subforms I'm concerned with are the detailHeader subform which contains an 'Add Item' button and five static text objects; and the detail subform, which contains one drop-down, one text field and three numeric fields.

The Add Item button is scripted to add an instance of the detail subform upon clicking.

Now, I created the subforms and objects as shown in the sample Purchase Order form, and I entered the JavaScript exactly as it is in the example.  I've set the whole form to 'Flowing Content', and have the same binding settings for each of the subforms as in the example.  But when I go to the PDF Preview the addInstance just doesn't work.

The script reads as follows:

// Invoke the Instance Manager to add one instance of the detail subform.

_detail.addInstance(1);

Can anyone suggest what it is I'm overlooking?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Check two things..

1) check whether you have set the subform to Repeat fotr each data item..(Check the below image).

https://acrobat.com/#d=tgYANswsX6VA5BmmE7kvOA

2) See if you have set the form as Dynamic by following the below..

1) Goto File menu -> Form Properties and select Defaults tab. Change the Default Render Format as Dynamic XML form

2) Select the Preview Tab. Set the Preview type as "Interactive Form" and Preview Adobe XML form as Dynamic XML form

3) Finally while saving the PDF select Save As Type as "Adobe Dynamic XML Form".

If you still have issues please let me know..

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Check two things..

1) check whether you have set the subform to Repeat fotr each data item..(Check the below image).

https://acrobat.com/#d=tgYANswsX6VA5BmmE7kvOA

2) See if you have set the form as Dynamic by following the below..

1) Goto File menu -> Form Properties and select Defaults tab. Change the Default Render Format as Dynamic XML form

2) Select the Preview Tab. Set the Preview type as "Interactive Form" and Preview Adobe XML form as Dynamic XML form

3) Finally while saving the PDF select Save As Type as "Adobe Dynamic XML Form".

If you still have issues please let me know..

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

Thanks Srini,

Much appreciated.  Everything is working now.

I can start tackling my own form now, so I'm sure I'll be back.