Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Printing order of pages

Level 2

Afternoon

I have an interactive PDF created in Livecycle designer.  As it stands users complete the form on screen and prints it out to give to the customer.  The PDF is presented on screen in a way that is easier for the user to complete but when they print it they have to switch the pages round as it's the last page which the customer needs first, if that makes sense.

What I'm wanting to do is set up a command so when print is clicked page 1 of the document, which is in its own subform, moves to the back of the document, so the form prints in the correct order for the customer and when it's done printing it moves back, is that possible?

Advice would be appreciated

Many thanks

Ben

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

What you could do is make a copy of your subform and place it where you want it to be when a print occurs.

Make all the fields' names unique to the two identical subforms and make their bindings 'Global' so that all the data entered will be duplicated in both.

Then in the prePrint event of one subform put this.presence="hidden" and on the postPrint event, this.presence="visible" and the opposite for the other subform.

Hope that makes sense.

Kyle

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

What you could do is make a copy of your subform and place it where you want it to be when a print occurs.

Make all the fields' names unique to the two identical subforms and make their bindings 'Global' so that all the data entered will be duplicated in both.

Then in the prePrint event of one subform put this.presence="hidden" and on the postPrint event, this.presence="visible" and the opposite for the other subform.

Hope that makes sense.

Kyle

Level 2

Spot on I'll do that.  Thanks for that, it is appreciated.