Expand my Community achievements bar.

Previous data is changed as a new row is added ...

Former Community Member

Hello,

I am working on a form that has add/delete row(s) in the subform on the dynamic form. Data such as description is populated by enter request# which is executed/queried from the web service that I created in the workbench. I am having a problem that whenever the user try to add a new row by clicking on the add button to query a new request#, the new data is populated but the data on the previous row is also changed with that new data. Can any one please advise on how to fix it.

Thanks,

Han Dao

4 Replies

Level 10

That is because when you are binding the field, you need to use multiple row notation.

For example, if you want to bind Part Number inside a Purchase Order XML, you need to bind PurchaseOrder.Parts[*].PartNumber to the field. Where Parts tag will repeat multiple times in the XML.

But if you bind PurchaseOrder.Parts.PartNumber then all the rows will have the same value.

Hope this clarifies.. If you still have issues let me know..

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

Hi Srini,

Thanks for the reply but I am not sure I clearly understand it. Can you please explain a little more details. Do I need to change anything for the web service?

Han Dao

Level 10

Here is a sample I put in to explain what I am talking about..

https://acrobat.com/#d=ZIhPGsx*ZkGcPgTw41SvBQ

Here is the sample XML file that I used in the data connection and in the Preview.

https://acrobat.com/#d=xMtr7Yfb8rpELEtjDztBqQ

Check the Binding on the Row1 in both the tables..

Hope this helps..

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

Hi Srini,

Thanks for the sample form.

I try to do the similar thing to your sample by changing the binding but still could make it works right. The web service on my form was created in workbench so the structure looks kind different from the xml. It is something like:

Data Connection (web service created in Workbench)

invoke Request

Message Body

invoke

request#

invoke Response

Message Body

invokeResponse

desc1

Can you help again.

Thanks much.

Han Dao