Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Preview PDF Not Working

Level 1

The Preview PDF tab was working fine before I had to reinstall my OS.  After reinstalling the OS (Windows 7 64-bit) and Acrobat 9.0 Pro Extended, when I click on the Preview PDF in LiveCycle Designer, Acrobat opens behind LiveCycle with a window that only has a ? icon and and OK button.  Clicking OK dismisses Acrobat and the Preview PDF in LiveCycle is blank.  The form does not display.

I have made sure I only have Acrobat 9.0 Pro (no reader) on my system and did repair the installation.  Still have the same problem.

How can I get the Preview PDF tab to work like it was before?

3 Replies

Former Community Member

The preview PDF functionality os based on an ActiveX control that is loaded when Acrobat is installed. My guesss is that the ActiveX control did not get installed (Windows 7 or your virus scan software may be blocking it).

Paul

Level 1

Thanks for the response.  My antivirus was not installed until after Acrobat, so I don't think that is the culprit.  I'm surprised that repariing the installation didn't install the missing ActiveX component.

Anyway, I just updated to 9.2.0 (since installation of 9.0 was done only 2 days ago, I guess the updater hadn't time to notify me yet to update so I manually updated through the Help menu).  The problem has been resolved with the update to 9.2

Level 8

I am facing exactly the same problem, only after I migrated to a new Laptop with Windows 7 Enterprise.

I am now downloading Acrobat 9.2 Update, to see if this will solve my problem.

Tarek.