Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Presence properties not working (hidden, invisible, visible)

Level 2

So I just recently got introduced to LiveCycle ES version 8.2 and I've been messing with things and creating buttons to give myself a better understanding of the thing. I've run into an issue where the presence values aren't working correctly. I've got a working knowledge of Javascript and XML but I can't find where my problem is.

I just want to make a button that will make another field invisible or hidden. I can't get this to work at all. This is the code I'm using in my button for the mouseup (Javascript):

xfa.form.form1.Subform1.presence = "hidden";

I've also tried:

Subform1.presence = "invisible";

Neither of these do anything. I've looked up endless examples on how these are supposed to work and have downloaded files that have these in there. This is supposed to be a simple one-line code though and it doesn't seem to be working at all.

I just want to be able to make this work. I can make my own code and everything but I feel like I'm missing something and I need another pair of eyes. I can email the document or post the code but it's just a button on a page with a text field under it. Can anyone help me out? I know this has probably been answered a hundred thousand times but I can't figure this out.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

The most likely issue is that the form is saved as a Static PDF Form.

In the save-as dialog, save the form as a Dynamic XML Form. The script should work then.

Hope that helps,

Niall

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

The most likely issue is that the form is saved as a Static PDF Form.

In the save-as dialog, save the form as a Dynamic XML Form. The script should work then.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 2

Excellent, I thought it was something like that. Thank you very much! Would this also have affected the instanceManager? I've been having issues with that as well.

Edit - Aha, it does! So that fixes my other problems as well. Thanks again.