Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Possible to validate data entries during Digital Signature?

Level 1

I have a form that was built from scratch using Adobe LiveCycle  Designer ES 8.2. I also have Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.3.2. (WinXP)

I  see numerous articles online related to validating user input prior to  data submission for an online form via a Submit button, however, I  am trying to figure out how to implement the same sort of data  validation during the signing of a particular digital signature field in an offline pdf form. Simply, I want to perform data validation during a digital  signature instead of when user presses Submit button.

Here's my  use-case:
1. Form Originator fills out a large number of data fields  and signs form via a CAC cert.
2. Another person will review,  possibly edit/add data, and sign another signature block with CAC.
3.  Then there is one more final CAC signature on the form before it is  completed and then emailed to the right folks for processing.

4. I  would like to be able to enforce the population of several Mandatory  data fields (at least one Radio button and one text input, possibly  others) before the 3rd signature can be applied to the document.

Again, I  need to emphasize this is all happening in an offline form, no data  submission or database back-end. Also, everything with the digital  signatures (and locking up fields afterword) works totally fine, just interested  in adding Data Validation capability during Digital Signature.

I am in no way a javascript expert, but I can  probably learn from a good example. Any help or guidance is very much appreciated. Thanks...

2 Replies

Level 10

If you are using SignatureField in the form then you will get two events preSign and postSign which you can use to validate the field input just like you do with a Submit button.

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

Srini, thanks for the quick reply. I will try to search for proper syntax, but as mentioned, I have very limited experience with scripting... In the meantime, if you have any quick reference information you may be able to point me to, that would be fantastic. Again, thank you for your help!