Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

positioning objects in a flowed subform

Level 1

Why can't I freely reposition objects within a flowed subform? Or when I try to add a new object to a flowed subform, I can just drag and drop - it places it next to another object and locks it in place. I can't seem to resize or move objects freely around. Do I have to change something with either the layout for the object, or the layout for the subform? I can't seem to resize the subform either (there is a boundary box around the subform which I can't resize, nor can I drag the subform around whem I'm in the design view.) When I add objects first and place them where I want them, then wrap them in a flowed subform, the objects seem to get locked in place within the subform (I need flowed subforms because I need to repeat). How can I freely move objects around within their subform?

2 Replies

Level 2

i think there is only one solution:

1) insert a positioned subform into flowed subform, put all positioned objects into positioned subform and flowed into flowed one and it should work properly u could use empty text fields to create, expand gaps between objects in your subform if it is flowed it is not very nice solution but it works. (P.s. it is recommended to keep all your subforms in flowed subform).

best regards. dez

Level 1

Thanks Dez, I just figured it out. I've put all my positioned subforms into flowed subforms so I can control the layout and still have repeatable subforms. Manipulating the layout is not as easy as I had expected, but at least now my form works.