Expand my Community achievements bar.

Positioned Signature Subform Issue

Former Community Member

I'm building a sales contract form and am struggling to find the best way for the signatures subform to appear only on the last page and not be overwritten by flowed data from the subforms making up the detailed data.

Let's say the signatures area should be fixed at a Y value of 7" for a height of 3" so it takes up 7 - 10 in the y values.

I want to allow the flowed data (let's say they are contract items even though there are several flowed subforms) to extend into the signature area for all pages that are not the last page. I don't want the flowed data running into the signatures on the final page.

So whichever page the signature subform is going to display on, the flowed details should end before inch 7 of the page. But if the flow is going to extend to muliple pages, the signature should not appear and therefore we can use inches 7 - 9 for additional line items.

I also have page number footers that appear on every page.

What is the right way to do this?

Right now I have placed this subform on the master page in a fixed position to occupy inches 7 - 10 on the page. I was thinking to write some javascript in an event  (maybe docReady?) and make the presence of this subform visible when page number = pagecount. I'm not sure the exact way to do that but it still poses a problem that the flowed data could be finished on page 2, but occupying area I need for my signatures.

There must be a standard solution for this - right? I haven't been able to find it through searches.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

3 Replies

Level 10

If you put the signature subform after your other subforms inside a flowed subform so everything flows together then the signature subform will always tag along at the end. Make the signature subform 3" tall and set it to not allow page breaks so it will stay together in one piece and bump to the next page if needed.

It gets trickier if you need to to be at a specific spot on the page.

Former Community Member

I have a situation where I need to put a footer only on the last page. So I guess you could say it needs to be on a specific spot on the page. I am kind of stumped how to do this since the content can vary from one form to the next. My problem is that the "footer" can easily get bumped to the top of the next page which then becomes the last page. Thanks.

Yusuf

Former Community Member

Yusuf - you can force the position at the bottom of the page by putting it in a placed subform on the master page...so long as the data is not variable where it can be more than the space you have allocated for it, you can control it being at the bottom.

Not sure how you prevent the flowed data from running into it though. And my problem was that you obviously only want it on the last page...I never got that working. Had to do the signatures flowed below the last text, but not at the page bottom.