Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Populate Text Field Based on Drop Down Selection.

Former Community Member

Here's the scenario: I have 2 dropdown lists on Page1 (List1, List2). Based on that selection, I want to populate a text field on Page2 with their values, after clicking an update button at the bottom of Page2. I use the click event on the button, but how do I get the actual values of each dropdown list on the previous page?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You woudl need to give the full path to the objects (i.e form1.Page1.DDListName.rawValue). Look in the hierachy view to see the structure that you want. Conversely you can put the cursor in the script editor where you want the reference to appear, hold done the ctrl key and move the mouse to the object that you want to reference (it will change to a V). Then click the mouse and the appropriate reference to that object will appear in the script editor.

Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You woudl need to give the full path to the objects (i.e form1.Page1.DDListName.rawValue). Look in the hierachy view to see the structure that you want. Conversely you can put the cursor in the script editor where you want the reference to appear, hold done the ctrl key and move the mouse to the object that you want to reference (it will change to a V). Then click the mouse and the appropriate reference to that object will appear in the script editor.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----