Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

populate AWS_CHOICES values into LC workbench process route names

Level 1

Hi All,

Sometimes we want to give your users a choice, which will affect the routes  that are taken within the LiveCycle process. If we put a bit of text into the  AWS_CHOICE text field, such as “Approve,Deny”,   .you can see the screenshot .now my problem is i need to populate AWS_CHOICES values into LiveCycle workbench process route names  .

I am following the suggestions given in the url http://www.avoka.com/blog/?cat=11 .

in the section Giving the user a choice

i was unable to find the  checkbox that says “Populate Form with Routes when Assign task activity.

Any response will great appriciation.

approvedeny111.png

7 Replies

Level 10

If you have multiple routes coming from a task, then the "Populate Form with Route Name" option on the user task, will take care of adding one button for each route the user have (in the Workspace interface). So instead of having just a "Complete" button, you can have "Approve" and "Deny". That means you'll need two routes coming from that user step called Approve and Deny.

The route can't be renamed automatically from the drop down's value. If you're manually filling the drop down, then you'll need to extract the data from the form and then go the route you want.

The easiest way would just be to name your route properly and check the "Populate Form with Route Name" option.

Jasmin

Level 1

Hi ,

Thanks for the quick response.

i am using version Adobe LiveCycle Workbench ES2 Version: 9.0.0.0.20091021.2.223388  ,but i was not found for "Populate Form with Route Name" option for Assign task  activity.

Please could you confirm which activity has the option "Populate Form with Route Name" .

Thanks

Anjaneyulu.

Level 10

Ok, in ES2 this option is not there any more. It's been replaced with user actions.  What it means is you can add any actions you want the users to see in Workspace from the User Action section of the User activity.

Then you can specify the destination, which is the activity that is going to be the next one in the process.

You don't really need all those AWS_* fields anymore on your form. The only thing you need is a submit button.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

From JavaScript in the form, using ES2, how do you get the selected route?