Expand my Community achievements bar.

Pop Up message when clicking digital signature stating "this is an official document"

Level 2

How can I have a message pop up when clicking on digital signature that warns the person they are signing an official government document.  I invision the message popping up making the statement and a button within the message that can be clicked to sign it.  Any ideas?   form Attached

Thanks

Mike

4 Replies

Former Community Member

You can put something like this on the mouseDown event of the signature field:

xfa.host.messageBox("Warning: You are about to sign an official government document");

Level 2

I tried it, the message box comes up beautifully, but after I click "OK" it won't let me digitally sign it, it just keeps bringing the box up.

Mike

Former Community Member

Thats strange, cos it works when i add the code to the mouseDown event. When I click OK on the popUp it asks which handler I would like to use (I have a digital cert and a signing pad). I can then sign the doc and the form then attaches itself to an email. I do notice a small problem though... If i try to 'Cancel' (ie abort the signing process) when it asks which handler i want to use, the form still attaches itself to an email even though the sig field is empty. Im not sure if you want it to do that? I have attached the pdf with the code added. Let me know if it works.

Level 2

I ended up putting it under the "presign" event instead of mousedown, you sent me in the right direction!

Thanks

Mike