Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Please update the video tutorials

Level 2

The current tutorials are slightly outdated, creating some extra guesswork. For example, Flex Builder 2 no longer exists; it's now called Flash Builder 4.5. In order to get LCCS to work in FB, there are certain requirements you need to follow such as using Flex 3.5 (not spark), using the Flash 9 SWC (not 10 or 10.1), and then once I got to integrating into a web app using Ruby on Rails, I realized the documentation provides an older version of the Ruby library that was developed in Ruby 1.8.7 (fortunately I was using RVM so I could easily downgrade from 1.9.2 to use the provided lccs.rb file).

Otherwise, LCCS is great. I've successfully created rooms on the fly in Ruby (1.8.7) on Rails (3.0.8) using Flash Builder 4.5. Thanks for making an awesome product, Adobe LCCS Team!

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi JT,

Yeah, I've had a backlog item "record new tutorials" for a while now. Life just keeps getting in the way. Thanks for the upvote though - it's important to hear about these things.

So, for the Player 9 requirement - I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying that the tutorial just mentions player 9? All the swcs we provide do work in the latest FB - with the caveat you mention about requiring MX. (FYI, we're working on a pure-Spark SDK as I type, should be weeks away from beta availability).

On the Ruby tip - do you know what's causing the incompatibility? In theory all we're doing is REST calls, which should be pretty version-agnostic. As it happens, I'm doing a Ruby 1.9.2 / LCCS project right now in my (~copious~) spare time, but haven't gotten to using LCCS.rb yet. I'll likely hit whatever you're hitting, but an advance heads-up always works.

thanks for taking the time to post - feedback helps us prioritize and make things better.

nigel

Level 2

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for following up--really enjoyed your video tutorials, they're super

helpful.

I run into some errors when I try the Flash 10 SWC or 10.1 in Flash Builder;

only the Flash9 SWC file will allow me to debug the app without any errors.

It won't recognize the rtc: namespace for some reason when using 10 or 10.1.

Have you been able to complete the same application you used in the tutorial

using the 10 or 10.1 SWC files in Flash Builder 4.5? If so, then I'm

probably doing something wrong on my end.

Awesome re: the updated Spark SDK. Looking forward to that =]

With the Ruby library, there were a few simple syntax errors from what I

saw. For example, case statements no longer use a colon in 1.9.2 (case when

"foo": return true end VS. case when "foo" return true end). There were a

bunch of other errors that I didn't debug too far into, I just realized it

would be faster to downgrade to Ruby 1.8.7 using Ruby Version Manager, and

then it worked just fine. Just to clarify, it's a Ruby problem, not a Rails

problem.

Best,

JT