Expand my Community achievements bar.

please help. Text fields launch email for XML data

Former Community Member

Let me start by saying I have only been using LiveCycle for two days. I did buy a book and have exhaustuvley searched for a solution....with that said....

After completing almost the entire form, somehow or other I managed to make all the text fields but one initiate email of xml data as soon as you try to type in them in PDF preview or reader or pro.

I added a new text field for test and it does NOT do the same thing. I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn this off.

Issue:

When checking pdf preview, if I click inside a text field to type, it stops the preview and launches an email window with a blank XML file. It does the same thing if I open the file in Reader or Pro.

Solution I am looking for:

My form is nearly complete and i would hate to have to start all over. Basically, I do NOT want the text fields to initiate an email of the form data. I just want the user to be able to type in them as required. In my opinion this should only happen with the "email form" button.

Thanks,

Joe

jnosal@nei-marine.com

1 Reply

Former Community Member

funny, i found a workaround. after nearly 3 hours and finally posting here, in 15 minutes i found something. I still would like to know

what caused this if anyone knows.....

Fix:

By selecting the text field and changing object type to "Text" then changing it back to "TextField" then save, it now works fine. Of course I had to do it on all 25 fields but way better than redoing all the custom fields i created.