Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

pdf preview button

Level 1

I did not find an answer to this anywhere.  I have LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2.  When I open this program and start any page, new or imported, I do not get the pdf preview button.  Do I not have a complete program, or is an update needed?  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I get this behaviour when I have the "Display in Browser" option cleared in Reader/Acrobats Preferences under Internet options, and Reader or Acrobat isn't running before I start Designer.

I either have to set this option or start Reader before Designer.

I had thought it was a quirk of my setup but maybe worth a try.

Bruce

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 7

You should be able to press F5 to get the PDF preview to show up. Under View you can also bring up Master Pages and XML Source views. The only other problem would be if you didn't have Reader or Acrobat installed before you installed Designer. If that's the case, Designer wouldn't know what to open the preview with.

Level 1

I have had issues with my computer since an upgrade to WIndows 7, but not many.  As Adobe products take power, I tried uninstalling some items that didn't seem needed anymore.  As I recently purchase Adobe 9, I reasoned that the Reader was no longer needed.  Well.......no what do I do?  I have reinstalled Reader, but really, if I have the full Adobe it should not be needed, eh?  F5 did not work; what can I do to get the preview button back?  Thanks.

Level 7

I don't know of any workaround; as far as I know you have to uninstall Designer and reinstall it so it can pick up Acrobat as your preview method.

Former Community Member

I agree. Unfortunately I think your best bet would be to uninstall, restart and then reinstall again. Not much fun, but hopefully it will sort out your problem.

Level 1

Well, from the looks of it, I would have to uninstall Adobe 9 and reinstall.  Not sure

I want to do that.  Hmmm. May just have to live with it until a better solution comes out.  Thanks anyway.

Former Community Member

If you dont want to uninstall, you could just try do a repair. Thats the only other option I can suggest.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I get this behaviour when I have the "Display in Browser" option cleared in Reader/Acrobats Preferences under Internet options, and Reader or Acrobat isn't running before I start Designer.

I either have to set this option or start Reader before Designer.

I had thought it was a quirk of my setup but maybe worth a try.

Bruce

Level 1

Bingo!  It worked perfectly.  And thank you very much.  MAy the Force always be with you.