Expand my Community achievements bar.

PDF HTTP & Port change request.

Former Community Member

Hi Guys  I am sending out PDF that are created in LCD to my clients.  My client has the following issue.; Currently the live form that is sent from me to him via email is blocked on port 407 as it is a non-standard port.  To get this burnt into their corporate firewall could take at up to 6 weeks to have processed, even with assistance. For testing is it possible to change the PDF form from send/receiving via HTTP on port 80 as this is a standard port and will not be blocked?   n addition from a data security standard-point it would be preferable to send the data via an encrypted request, ie HTTPS via port 443 as that is also a standard port and would not require a firewall burn. This would obviously be when sending the data back to me via a submit button  Thanks

1 Reply

Former Community Member

The ports are not dictated by Acrobat ...it leverages the programs that you have in place. Acrtobat will create the email but leave it up to that program to actually do the send.

The HTTP port is dictated by the submit URL designated in the submit button. If you have a submit URL where you do not designate the port then it will use port 80 by default. .....and yes you can use HTTPs on port 443 as well.

Paul