Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

PDF form with XML data connection comes up blank at run time

Former Community Member

Hello All,

I am a newbie to ADOBE Livecycle 9, but am very proficient in C#.  I would like to request for your guidance on the following issue.

We have a desktop application in C#, WPF, Sqlserver. The requirement is to launch a Livecycle form from the application for the user to read/edit/save data

I have done this much so far -
Downloaded trial version of Livecycle 9
Developed a interactive PDf form
Created an XML based data connection. Generated fields on the form using the fields from this connection.
Set the .XML file as preview source for the form

the controls on the form are boumd to the xml data source
In design mode, the form works fine, it displays my data correctly
I have created a WPF form with a button. On click of this button, I call the Process.Start(pdf-file-path). My pdf is launched properly
I have added a combo box to my WPF form. I select a parameter from this, then call a stored procedure which returns me a datatable depending on parameter passed
Using the returned datatable, I have used the datatable.writexml and datatable.writexmlschema to create my XML and XSD files. as mentioned above, this xsd is used to create the data connection for the PDF and the XML for the preview source
This is what I want to do -

Launch the PDF from my WPF form, pre-populated with the newly created XML data from my WPF form.
So basically, as the user changes the selection criteria from the combo box, the XML file data will change and the PDF file will be launched each time with new data.
The XSD format will always be constant
Problem -
My XML and XSD get created properly, my PDF launches, but it is empty
If I change my selection criteria and run the WPF application, and then open the PDF in design mode, it asks me whether it should refresh the XML source. This means that the PDF form is connecting correctly to the XML source
So why then, does the form come up empty at run time?
What link am I missing?
I have found some sites that help using Web applications, but nothing for desktop applications. It would be fantastic if you could point me to some help for developing Livecycle forms with C# / SQLServer

Your help in this case will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

0 Replies